Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Getting Reinforced for Reinforcing Others

I went to the Golden Gate Kennel Club dog show on Sunday.  It was the first the show where I brought my Dog Shows are Fun! cards and charms.  I gave out three of them and it felt great!  The first one was to a woman who I saw being so thoughtful and careful with a young sporting dog.  She seemed excited about it and was reading the card as I walked off.  The second one went to a friend of mine, who is the only other positive reinforcement conformation trainer (that I know of) in my area.  She was so touched that she cried and was very grateful.  The third person was playing in the hallway with her terrier with a toy.  The dog was having a great time.  She just kind of stuffed the card and charm into her pocket which was actually fine because she was busy playing with and interacting with her dog which is exactly what she should have been doing!  I felt good about it.  I hope that I made their day and they thought about the good they are doing for their dogs!